To remove or block ads from uTorrent 3.3 and higher on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8, do the following:
- This little trick is actually done right inside uTorrent itself, so the first step is to open up the program.
- Once the program is running, you must click on the Options menu, then choose Preferences, and then select Advanced.
- After that, you will see a filter box where you must type “offers” (without the quotes).
- After that, you will see two items titles: “offers.left_rail_offer_enabled” and “offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled”. Set both of these to False by clicking on each one and then selecting the false radio button
- In order for these changes to actually take effect, though, you will need to restart the program by selecting the Exit option from the 1 menu and then opening the program again. Take note to close the program clicking the red X in the upper right hand corner will not usually work in most cases, as it only minimizes the program to the taskbar, so going the File menu route is usually your best option.
To disable it go to Start and type gpedit.msc in the Start Search and press Enter. Once Local Group Policy Editor is open navigate to,
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Driver Installation
Now from the right sidebar open the key named “Turn Off Windows Update Device Driver Search Prompt” and select Enabled and click OK.
Now Restart your computer or Log Off and then sign back in. That’s it. Now Windows bother you any more. Enjoy!
Note: This will not disable the Windows Update, it will only stop prompting you to update the device driver using Windows Update. You will still be able to update the driver by manually going to Windows Update.
The following procedure will reset the ATA to its default config:
a) Take the phone off hook.
b) The red button on the top of the ATA-186 will illuminate.
c) Press the illuminating red button on the ATA and dial 322873738#. (The numbers spell FACTRESET# on the telephone)
d) Voice prompt will ask you to dial * to save changes you have just made.
e) Press * on your phone’s keypad.
f) Hang up the phone.
To get to the ATA186 web configuration page, go to »ipaddress/dev — So if your router assigned your ATA186 an IP address of 192.168.1.100, you would go to »192.168.1.100/dev